Support Blanky in launching a new brand and product on the Iberian market through strong and credible communication, in order to gain the desired notoriety and awareness.
Blanky was created in 2020, as the first brand of weighted blankets to be sold on the mass market on the Iberian market, accessible to the general consumer. The major challenge at the time was to launch this new brand (and what was an unknown product for most people) in Portugal and Spain. We had two main objectives in this over a period of four months:
- Generate awareness of Blanky as a product with proven benefits for improving sleep quality.
- Position the brand as a specialist in the area of sleep.
We focused on positioning Blanky and its innovative product as a natural and effective health solution for improving sleep quality. To do so, our Brand PR included:
- The development of a creative concept that reflected one of the brand’s key aims: to democratize sleep. Not only is sleeping for everyone, sleeping well is for everyone has thus become the brand's slogan, present in all its communication channels, whether online or offline.
- A media relations strategy, not only to communicate the launch of the brand on the Iberian market, but also to announce the fact that the brand is made in Portugal.
- Position the brand as a specialist in the area of sleep, through a partnership with medical spokespersons with credibility in this area: neuropsychologist Margarida Mendes (Portugal) and Jana Fernández (Spain), who actively participated in the media content.
- Encourage the media and influencers to experience the new product, in order to increase the brand's credibility and generate real reviews about the effectiveness of the weighted blanket. To do so, press kits were sent to strategic media outlets in Portugal and in Spain on Stress Awareness Day.